Before C++11, the standard C++ library lacked support for smart pointers with shared semantics, and did not provide a standard API to create threads, mutexes and other synchronization primitives.
Ice provides its own implementation of such utility-classes for the Ice C++98 mapping in the
IceUtil namespace. These classes are visible only when using the C++98 mapping.
- Threads and Concurrency with C++
- The C++ Handle Template
- The C++ Handle Template Adaptors
- The C++ ScopedArray Template
- The C++ Shared and SimpleShared Classes
- The C++ Time Class
- The C++ Timer and TimerTask Classes